List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde mp3 player
From:       <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-05-04 13:56:07

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Andrew Wansink wrote:

> The reason that we need a mp3 player included is so that the
> newbie does not have to obtain/compile his own player just to play
> the mp3s he has been using with ms windows media player.  The
> distributions are likely to copy/borrow the distributions from the kde
> ftp site packages, hence an mp3 player should be included in
> those packages.

We really don't need to include a mp3 player per se as much as we need a
.mp3 plugin, a .au plugin, a .mp3-style .wav plugin (these are becoming so
common...).  They should all fit into the standard kmedia program as
plugins.

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat Software, Inc.