List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde mp3 player
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-04 10:49:31

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Sean Kendall Schneyer wrote:

> > KDE should ship with a MP3 player. A desktop today without
> > is not a true desktop :-)
> >

> No offence to the author of rasca, but do we really need to have
> an "official" KDE app for every single application domain? There
> are already several well established mp3 players out there.
> Personally I love x11amp. It supports Winamp skins and even
> has plug-in support, including infrared support. Here is a screenshot
> of my current skin:
> http://www.cs.kau.se/~sean/x11amp-sw.jpg
> (All of you Star Wars fans out there will like this one :o)

x11amp is not suitable because it violates several kde standards.

Regards,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: konold@kde.org                                         //
Anybody who's comfortable using KDE should use it. Anyone who wants to
tell other people what they should be using can go to work for Microsoft.
KDE not only OpenSource[TM] but OpenMinded[TM].
KDE: A stable GUI for a reliable OS.