List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: .directory files?
From:       David Faure <faure () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-01 18:32:29

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 08:17:58PM +0200, Dirk A. Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my k-menu (head branch) doesn't contain any subdirs, although they
> exist ($kdepath/share/applnk/...). I found out that kpanel relies on
> "SortOrder" config entry key in the .directory files. So thats probably
> the reason, because they simple don't exist here.
>
> What script/program is responsible for creating these config entries?
Most come from kdebase/applnk/ for KDE apps and from kappfinder/apps/ for
non-KDE apps.

> Is it ok that the .directory files doesn't contain this key ?
I would say yes, if we want to keep compatibility.

> (I think yes, because if there is no sort order, it simply should
> display it in alphabetic order).
That's my opinion too.

> If yes, kpanel needs to be fixed? Anybody working on it already?
kpanel should simply have a default value when reading the SortOrder
key. Should be a one-line fix.

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org