On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 08:17:58PM +0200, Dirk A. Mueller wrote: > Hi, > > my k-menu (head branch) doesn't contain any subdirs, although they > exist ($kdepath/share/applnk/...). I found out that kpanel relies on > "SortOrder" config entry key in the .directory files. So thats probably > the reason, because they simple don't exist here. > > What script/program is responsible for creating these config entries? Most come from kdebase/applnk/ for KDE apps and from kappfinder/apps/ for non-KDE apps. > Is it ok that the .directory files doesn't contain this key ? I would say yes, if we want to keep compatibility. > (I think yes, because if there is no sort order, it simply should > display it in alphabetic order). That's my opinion too. > If yes, kpanel needs to be fixed? Anybody working on it already? kpanel should simply have a default value when reading the SortOrder key. Should be a one-line fix. -- David FAURE david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today