List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SuSE and kdebug
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-04-30 22:52:05

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Matt Koss wrote:

> >I just commited to the HEAD branch a few possible fixes.  If this doesn't
> >work, please let me know.
> Hi,
>
> HEAD branch is out of question.

HEAD branch is essentially the only thing I have access to.  I don't have
the bandwidth to download another whole branch.

> Standalone Caitoo is for KDE 1.1, otherwise I would not release it. As
> KDE 1.1.1 is being released, I don't know how to solve this problem on
> KDE side.

Since 1.1.1 has been or is being released, and Caitoo is being released
standalone, you could always add a check for kdebug in the configure
script, and use a stub function if it doesn't exist.  You could impolore
SuSE to not use -DNDEBUG (which I'm assuming is the cause of the problem).

> The best would be if there was some option, which would allow users of binary
> SuSE distribution to compile Caitoo.

Well, I'm curious about the spec file they're using.

- alex