List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SuSE and kdebug
From:       Matt Koss <koss () napri ! sk>
Date:       1999-04-29 17:35:29

On Št, 29 apr 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Matt Koss wrote:
>
>> Do you mean that I should add #undef kdebug to all source code files
>> in caitoo that use kdebug ?
>
>Nope, only in kdebug.cpp in kdecore..
>
>> But will it issue any debug messages after I do so ?
>> I don't want to cut out all debug output, only because SuSE users cannot
>> compile my program.
>
>So don't.  The way I got kdebug to "work" is this.
>
>In kdebug.h two functions are declared
>
>extern "C" {
>void kdebug( unsigned short level, unsigned short area, const char* fmt, ... );
>void kdebug_null (unsigned short level, unsigned short area, const char* fmt, ...);
>};
>
>and later:
>
>#ifdef kdebug
>#undef kdebug
>#endif
>#ifdef NDEBUG
>#define kdebug kdebug_null
>#endif
>
>This way, if you define NDEBUG, kdebug_null will be called.  I can't
>imagine how kdecore would link if it was compiled with NDEBUG defined...
>
>> How do users of other standalone packages under SuSE compile them ?
>> There has to be a way for solving this.
>
>I just commited to the HEAD branch a few possible fixes.  If this doesn't
>work, please let me know.
Hi,

HEAD branch is out of question.
Standalone Caitoo is for KDE 1.1, otherwise I would not release it.
As KDE 1.1.1 is being released, I don't know how to solve this problem on KDE
side.
The best would be if there was some option, which would allow users of binary
SuSE distribution to compile Caitoo.

Regards

		Matt

--