List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SuSE and kdebug
From:       Matt Koss <koss () napri ! sk>
Date:       1999-04-28 17:17:13

On So, 24 apr 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>> Anybody has an idea how to solve this problem of SuSE binaries not containing
>> kdebug ?
>
>What do you mean, do not contain kdebug?  Um, oh wait, yes, I think I know
>what you're talking about. Try adding an #undef kdebug, right after all
>the include statements.  Then compile kdelibs with -DNDEBUG, if that
>works, it should be ported back to 1.1.1 (as well as the "new" kdebug
>stuff).  Also, it might be a good idea for SuSE to not use -DNDEBUG with
>kdelibs.

Do you mean that I should add #undef kdebug to all source code files in caitoo
that use kdebug ?
But will it issue any debug messages after I do so ?
I don't want to cut out all debug output, only because SuSE users cannot
compile my program.

I mean, that it is acceptable if SuSE users WON'T get debug output because their
system doesn't support it, and if all others WILL.

How do users of other standalone packages under SuSE compile them ?
There has to be a way for solving this.

BTW, how does one configure / compile package with -DNDEBUG option ?
I will suggest to users compiling caitoo with it.

Regards

		Matt

--
Matej Koss	e-mail: koss@napri.sk