List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SuSE and kdebug
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-04-29 2:38:48

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Matt Koss wrote:

> Do you mean that I should add #undef kdebug to all source code files
> in caitoo that use kdebug ?

Nope, only in kdebug.cpp in kdecore..

> But will it issue any debug messages after I do so ?
> I don't want to cut out all debug output, only because SuSE users cannot
> compile my program.

So don't.  The way I got kdebug to "work" is this.

In kdebug.h two functions are declared

extern "C" {
void kdebug( unsigned short level, unsigned short area, const char* fmt, ... );
void kdebug_null (unsigned short level, unsigned short area, const char* fmt, ...);
};

and later:

#ifdef kdebug
#undef kdebug
#endif
#ifdef NDEBUG
#define kdebug kdebug_null
#endif

This way, if you define NDEBUG, kdebug_null will be called.  I can't
imagine how kdecore would link if it was compiled with NDEBUG defined...

> How do users of other standalone packages under SuSE compile them ?
> There has to be a way for solving this.

I just commited to the HEAD branch a few possible fixes.  If this doesn't
work, please let me know.

> BTW, how does one configure / compile package with -DNDEBUG option ?
> I will suggest to users compiling caitoo with it.

- alex