List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Professionalism (Re: Call for votes: KDE 2.0 mascot!)
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-04-23 22:43:39

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Andreas Pour wrote:

> > Does this imply Linux is unprofessional?
>
> To some people, yes!  And subconsciously for many more people, yes!
> Not to say that these implications can't be overcome, but I think it
> is better not to have them at all.

Why should we think to overcome these implications? Why not to have the
mascots?

When I want to be very professional, I go back in my lab and cruise around
the chromatograph for a night or two. With KDE I play. I like playing.
This dragon perfectly completes my well being in the KDE community (and
work).

In fact, I think KDE is one of the most professional things I ever done,
exactly because I do it with passion.

I couldn't care less what this implies to those *some people*. Nobody pays
me for KDE work, so nobody has a say on my professionalism here. I don't
have a product to sell.

Let's play. I *want* to have the dragon, the penguin, the daemon.

Cristian