On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Andreas Pour wrote: > > Does this imply Linux is unprofessional? > > To some people, yes! And subconsciously for many more people, yes! > Not to say that these implications can't be overcome, but I think it > is better not to have them at all. Why should we think to overcome these implications? Why not to have the mascots? When I want to be very professional, I go back in my lab and cruise around the chromatograph for a night or two. With KDE I play. I like playing. This dragon perfectly completes my well being in the KDE community (and work). In fact, I think KDE is one of the most professional things I ever done, exactly because I do it with passion. I couldn't care less what this implies to those *some people*. Nobody pays me for KDE work, so nobody has a say on my professionalism here. I don't have a product to sell. Let's play. I *want* to have the dragon, the penguin, the daemon. Cristian