List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Empath
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-04-15 1:38:37

Graham TerMarsch wrote:
> I'm all for seeing that one come together.  Would be kinda nice if it was
> mostly just an add-in for the existing Gvim source so that we could run it
> as 'kvim' or use it as an OpenPart.  That way we'd at least get the benefit
> of pulling in the new features as vim gets updated.  Hey, can't help it, I'm
> a vi junkie.  :)

I hear ya, brother!

Actually, if you felt like doing something about this, you could check out the
COM code in vim.  I am *told* (but haven't verified) that vim actually has
some COM "hooks" (or something).  Apparently it can be used quite effectively
with Visual C++.  I wish they had that back when I was chained to that
environment...

In any event, if that turns out to be true, then we might be able to do
something similar with KOM/OP.  Maybe.
--
Kurt Granroth
granroth@kde.org