List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Empath
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-04-17 2:11:50

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Sven Radej wrote:

> I really believe that pop3, IMAP and SMTP things should be left to
> mailers. KIOslave for those protocols is ok, but Konqueror really
> really doesn't need to do "pop3://joe:pass@...". Konqueror can
> embed/use mailers but not to try to do all by itself...

Well the thing is that to get at the messages one would need some sort of
URI anyways so, I figured why not pop://*.  Actually it can easily do it
all by itself, because the pop3 slave emits a mimetype of message/rfc822
so assuming that's handled by say kmail or whatever, konqy really doesn't
need to be tweaked too much...

> It seems that "Every program sooner or later comes to the point when
> it can receive or send mail" is really true.

Quake still can't send email can it? ;)

- alex