List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFMIII or KFMII?
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-02-24 23:31:27

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Lars Knoll wrote:

> The API is not too different, so porting wouldn't be much work. But khtml is
> (like konqueror) work in progress and is (at the moment) not as stable as
> khtmlw. So If you wan't kfmII and kdehelp to be stable and usable, we should
> perhaps better stick with khtmlw.

Well this is of course the HEAD branch... although, what about some sort
of integration of konqueror and kdehelp?  Say kio_help?

After a little more thought I'm thinking it might be a good idea to leave
kdehelp and KFMII using khtmlw, and only enable the compilation of them if
khtmlw is explicitly installed..  kio_help and konqueror of course would
replace them.

Thoughts?

- alex