List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFMIII or KFMII?
From:       Alex Zepeda <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1999-02-25 8:49:24

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Lars Knoll wrote:

> Thought a bit more too, and I agree with you, that kdehelp should be
> integrated into konqueror in the long run (I never really understood
> why we had two apps for that anyway and why "man:bla" didn't work in
> kfm -- except for historic reasons...)

History is probably one of the most powerful forces around.. the other..
Alan Greenspan's immune system..

> But maybe it could still be worthwile moving kfm to khtml. It's about 10
> minutes work, and it'll make life easier for developing khtml. Those who wan't
> to keep a stable version of kfm can always keep a version linked against the
> 1.1 libs.

One last thing I noticed, startkde is in the kfm subdir, which is not
built or installed by default, or so it seems.  Perhaps it needs its own
directory?

- alex who thinks Qt doesn't depend on Mesa !@#@!