List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: program loading
From:       <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       1999-02-23 22:00:07

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Timothy Whitfield wrote:

> I don't care what you guys do on the program loading, because I know that
> the kde team has a habit of doing the best thing, and if they don't we can
> always fix it later.  I do care that anti-Microsoft'ism is keeping
> valuable features out of kde.  Microsoft doesn't hesitate to copy us or
> any unix do they?  They seem to be getting more server and user friendly.
> Do you think they thought of that themselves?

I agree in principle but is this hourglas cursor really a 'valuable
feature'? People still associate it with that 'while the cursor has the
shape of an hourglas I can't do anything else'. And that is bad.

We need immediate feedback when an application is launched. I agree. This
taskbar solution which came up earlier seems much better to me.

Uwe

Uwe Thiem                                        Tel: +264 - 061 - 244511
P.O.Box 30955                                    Fax: +264 - 061 - 244511
Windhoek                                         Email:   uwe@uwix.alt.na
Republic of Namibia                                           uwe@kde.org
                                                       http://www.kde.org