List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: program loading
From:       David Black <davidb () sco ! com>
Date:       1999-02-23 22:34:20

I was just thinking that perhaps we could simply add a terse
splash screen to KApplication. One which comes up when minimum
X connections have been made and is automagically cancelled when the
application calls exec? It could be globally cancelled through a config
option, but would at least give some feedback that things are a happening.
Perhaps if it was delayed by say a second or so, it need not even trigger
for small applets.

Mind you since I cannot recall seeing a splash screen on a K app, maybe
there is some philosophical objections to splash screens of which I have
no knowledge.

	D.