List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: kdm serious bug]
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       1999-01-31 22:14:17

On Sun, Jan 31, 1999 at 05:12:47PM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:

Hi,

> Well, at home I have just installed kde 1.1pre2 (in a recently installed
> Slackware 3.6), and when I logout from kde, kdm simply HANGS.

I heard about such problems when some applications didn't terminate
properly. When not using kdm, you had to press Ctrl-C after shutting down
KDE, but with kdm, that's not possible and caused the hanging.

So it might be interesting to know what programs were running and what
program doesn't terminate.

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--