List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: anyone able to reproduce this bug report
From:       Christoph Neerfeld <Christoph.Neerfeld () home ! ivm ! de>
Date:       1999-01-31 12:11:41

On 30-Jan-99 Christian Esken wrote:
> On Sam, 30 Jan 1999 Christoph Neerfeld wrote:
>>Hi !
>>
>>Is anyone able to reproduce this bug report ?
>
> Yes, I tried to reproduce it. It's quite simple. It happens, when
> you enter no file name. kmenuedit then uses the same name for
> each new kdelnk.

Please, tell me exactly what your are doing. It just doesn't happen on my
system. I can't reproduce it !!!

I have even removed my local sources and did a clean checkout. The current CVS
version works for me.

I'm using debian 2.0, egcs-2.90.29 980515 (egcs-1.0.3 release), qt 1.42

> I would guess, when kmenuedit selects an own name for the
> kdelnk, he looks in the directory. As long as you do not save,
> kmenuedit always selects "EMPTY". Then you save and all
> the new kdelnks overwrite each other - the last one to come
> will survive.

No. I don't look into the directory. KMenuedit uses its own datastructures.

- Chris  (completly clueless)