List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: KFM Url completion patch...]
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       1999-01-30 18:21:14

On Don, 28 Jan 1999 David Faure wrote:

>> The spaces may be part of the name, just try  "mkdir \ adirectory\ \ ".
>> This creates a directory which has a space at thebeggining and two
>> trailing spaces. It would be a pity not to be able to go into this
>> directory from kfm :-)
>The code removing spaces, I was wrong, is already in kfm
>And you can add a trailing '/' to enter such a directory.

It can't be in the kfm sources - or it is not on all interesting places.
kticker always puts a trailing space after the URL - at least when
reding Slashdot ticker messages. kfm fails to read that URL - if you
remove the trailing space in kfm's location bar everything goes fine.

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyon