List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: A drag/drop wish
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       1999-01-30 18:25:25

On Sam, 30 Jan 1999 Espen Sand wrote:
>Here is one (for pre 1.1)
>
>When dragging a file (or whatever) I would like to be
>able to abort the operation by pressing ESC (or something).
>This is something I (and probably many others) have got used
>to do in MS-WIN, and it is a bit annoying not a have an abort
>option of that kind (I have not detected one at least).
>
>Is this possible with XDND? I have not looked at the specs
>for this protocol, but perhaps somebody has.

I don't, but DnD usually grabs the X Server. So one should be
able to do this without too big problems. This will help in eliminating
the "deadlock" situation that can occur today with KDE DnD.

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyon