List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDevelop v.0.2
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-12-04 23:53:03

Navindra Umanee wrote:
> Kurt Granroth <granroth@kde.org> wrote:
> > 1) You are forced to use their editor.  It would be nice to have a user-
> >    settable hook for the editor.  For instance, I like using vim for my
> > 	coding... lots of others like emacs.  It would be nice to have a
> > 	setting where you could enter something like 'editor=gvim +@LINE@'
>
> Is this an option or does Qt have to be changed for this?

Keep in mind that even though it would be *nice* to be able to embed
an editor, that's not necessary.  All I want is a hook so that the
IDE calls my editor when editing a file.  This isn't a new idea by any
means -- darn near ALL text-based mail, news, etc programs handle
editors this way.  For GUI apps, I know that at least DDD handles editors
in this way, too.
--
Kurt Granroth
granroth@kde.org