List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: "Compound file" library?
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       1998-11-03 18:16:49

Steffen Hansen wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote:
>
> > > I vote for the 'zip' suggestion previously made on the list.
> >
> > Pending I find a library that can handle this format. I have been looking
> > on the net but have not found anything yet.
>
> The best i could find was http://www.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/. It's not a
> callable library, but maybe we could build one. Does anyone have time to
> read the license and tell me if it can be used?

The relevant part says:

       Copyright (C) 1990-1997  Mark  Adler,  Richard  B.  Wales,
       Jean-loup  Gailly,  Onno  van  der Linden, Kai Uwe Rommel,
       Igor Mandrichenko, John Bush and Paul Kienitz.  Permission
       is  granted to any individual or institution to use, copy,
       or redistribute this software so long as all of the origi-
       nal  files  are  included, that it is not sold for profit,
       and that this copyright notice is retained.

Ergo, you must ask for permission to modify.

[...]

Regards,

Andreas F. Pour
pour@mieterra.com