List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kwm 0.10pl20 and Applixware 4.37
From:       Christian Czezatke <e9025461 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       1998-01-01 12:59:04

Hi!

I've just set up a Linux box with KDE and Applixware 4.37. Unfortunately,
kwm seems to have small problems with Applixware 4.37 during logout:

+) When you click on logout, but cancel the logout in the configuration
   dialog, all the Applix windows stay greyed out. (Oops, still noticed
   that this is also true for kpanel's window list when the auto-hide
   feature is turned on).

+) When you invoke kwm with the "-nosession" option and have an Applixware
   window open, kwm does not display a confirmation dialog box, but
   rather logs yout immediately without asking for confirmation.

   This is a rather bad behaviour because it could lead to loss of data
   when there are unsaved documents in Applixware when you leave X in
   such a manner.

BTW: Applixware is run from a remote machine over the network. The local
machine the user works on is basically used as an X-Terminal.

The problem seems to be present with KDE Beta2 and with the snapshot from
Dec. 28th. (But AFAIK both use kwm 0.10pl20).

Sorry for the bad news, Matthias... ;-)

     Christian

| Christian Czezatke, Student of Computer Science at the Vienna    |
| University Of Technology.                                        |
| email: e9025461@student.tuwien.ac.at                             |