List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Interest in building an LLM frontend for KDE
From:       rhkramer () gmail ! com
Date:       2023-12-02 13:25:16

Ahh, I forgot one thing -- interspersed below:

On Saturday, December 02, 2023 08:21:46 AM rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, December 01, 2023 07:59:22 AM AnnoyingRains wrote:
> > I see no issue with this at all!
> > As long as the training data is ethically obtained and it uses KDE's
> > tech stack, I feel like this app could integrate fine, if it is as you
> > have described it so far!
>
> Just chiming in from the peanut gallery:  I like the idea -- something I'd
> like to have is my own AI trained with only my own (vetted) data.
>
> To clarify, I might add data from sources other than my own writings or
> such, but only after vetting it such that I consider it reliable.
>
> It would (I hope) be a sort of easier to load and use than a free-format
> database (which is something I've been building, both software and content)
> (but my next step requires C++ and I just can't seem to grok C++ (and all
> the associated libraries and other infrastructure that comes into play)..
>
> I haven't looked very hard at AIs, I do get the idea that training them (at
> least some of them) requires that data be formatted to suit the AI to some
> extent, which might be more pain than I want.

It would also be nice to have a way to somehow specify a measure of
reliability for the data that I use to train the AI, and then have that
measure somehow displayed in the results (aside -- I'm happy to work in text
-- I don't need voice (recognition) or speaking.

I realize that such a measure of reliability is a matter for the AI backend,
not (I think) any frontend that might be created, but I wanted to mention it.