List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesrc-build on centos 8
From:       Nate Graham <nate () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-10-26 18:56:32

Hi Mike,
Yes, kdesrc-build is the officially-supported method of building KDE
software from source yourself (i.e. if you're not a distro packager). If
there is ever an EPEL or COPR repo for KDE stuff on CentOS 8, that would
probably work too.

If you're using kdesrc-build and kwindowsystem can't find libxcb-devel
despite it being installed, we'll need more info to debug, such as the
full failure logs.

This will probably be a fairly interactive process, so you might get
better help asking in the #kde-devel room on Freenode IRC or Matrix.

Nate