List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdesrc-build on centos 8
From:       Mike <megastallman () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-10-26 13:56:07

Hi everyone!

As we know, there is no support for KDE5 in any of the EL distros. I
hope, that a "kdesrc-build" script - is the fastest way to get all I
need. Is anyone already doing any work on this?
I'm trying to build KDE, for Centos 8, but it still no success. I've
done some dirty hacks, like installing packages from Fedora 29 and
Centos 7, QT5 has been built, but the most important broken component
- is kwindowsystem. It can't find libxcb-devel, even though it is
installed.

Thanks in advance!