List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SQL Query tool - incubator
From:       Alexander Semke <alexander.semke () web ! de>
Date:       2019-08-22 20:19:20

Hi Miroslav,

> Yes, this is actually an issue. I reached the point where it
> more-or-less worked for me, some other design aspects i had an issue
> with, so i kinda just thought to left it for a while.
> I am thinking to put some effort into it once kubuntu 19.10 (plasma
> 5.17?) comes out, so let's see if i get distracted with stuff like
> golang/rust.
>
> As i said, this is just a check to see what you guys think about this
> idea, especially since there is no alternative for this development
> tool in kde ecosystem (not considering jetlabs and java apps).
> I can also keep it as it is and come back when it is more mature.
I think the idea is good and I personally would also prefer to use a KDE
application with good usability, nice breeze icons etc. instead of
sqlitebrowser and similar applications. There is no such tool right now an=
somebody has to invest here and to drive this project. So, it's not only a=
bout
having the idea but also about an active contribution to the project.

You mentioned couple of TODOs on your github page and the goal is stated a=
s to
be something similar as HeidiSQL. This goal is not reached yet I'd say and=
 the
TODO-list can be easily extended by many other feature requests for such a
tool. This contradicts a bit with your plans to leave the project for a wh=
ile.
Are you just looking for somebody who can take over the maintanance and
further develpment of this project?

Best Regards,
Alexander