List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Gitlab Evaluation & Migration
From:       Eike Hein <hein () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-02-28 18:52:40

Implementation details talk seems better suited for #kde-sysadmin :-)

In any case, _automatically_ creating forks doesn't sound wise to me
with my engineering hat on, because it's unnecessary.

To create a fork, kdesrc-build would need authenticated API access. If
it has has that, it can use it at any time. For example, if could have a
command like this:

$ kdesrc-build dev <thing>

... which then:
- puts a nice commit template into the repo
- asks the username / does API auth
- uses the API to create the fork
- adds the remote

Again though: This is taking us far off-topic.

Cheers,
Eike