Implementation details talk seems better suited for #kde-sysadmin :-) In any case, _automatically_ creating forks doesn't sound wise to me with my engineering hat on, because it's unnecessary. To create a fork, kdesrc-build would need authenticated API access. If it has has that, it can use it at any time. For example, if could have a command like this: $ kdesrc-build dev ... which then: - puts a nice commit template into the repo - asks the username / does API auth - uses the API to create the fork - adds the remote Again though: This is taking us far off-topic. Cheers, Eike