List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Gitlab Evaluation & Migration
From:       Eike Hein <hein () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-03-11 21:46:33

Hi,

I have a request.

In the evaluation lately, I've seen some people unhappy with the merge
commits created when merging merge requests that can't be
fast-forwarded, as it clutters the repo history. While I personally
don't mind much, I can see the point coming from the squash-and-rebase
workflow Phabricator had.

It turns out that GitLab has a feature to disallow non-fast-forward
merges and show a rebase button instead:

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/merge_requests/fast_forward_merge.html

https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/20076

Could we enable this?

Cheers,