List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Gitlab Evaluation & Migration
From:       Nate Graham <nate () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-02-28 14:13:24

 ---- On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 23:02:03 -0700 Ben Cooksley <bcooksley@kde.org> wrote ----
 > In terms of server load, it would be nice if the setup of forks was
 > still something the developer had to initiate rather than being done
 > automatically for every repository touched by kdesrc-build (I say this
 > mainly as if we had 50 people fork just half of the mainline
 > repositories we have, that's ~450GB of space used up - a massive
 > scalability issue)

This seems like a challenge that needs to be addressed regardless of whether or not \
kdesrc-build does it automatically, because people creating tons and tons of forks is \
guaranteed to happen anyway if we move to Gitlab. It seems non-optimal if having more \
people able to submit merge requests results in the potential to blow up our servers.

Nate