List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE backward compatibility issue
From:       Vasily Khoruzhick <anarsoul () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-02-04 19:15:54

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 9:57 PM, Milian Wolff <mail@milianw.de> wrote:

> "Every application"? You mention two.

Well, at least these two are affected. I can also mention tuxguitar
which uses Java and SWT, however I don't care about its tray icon.

>  And if they, or others, don't care about
> us, why should we go out of our way to care for them?

I think I already explained that. KDE is a software platform, and if
you care about users, you should care
about compatibility with any application, even proprietary.

> Additionally, as others said, if someone cares enough for these applications, then patches will most
> certainly be reviewed and integrated. But you cannot demand this from the KDE
> or Qt community to magically happen.

OK, got your point.

> Bye

Bye.