List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Help solving this month's "Bug of the Month"
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2015-02-04 20:51:53

El Dimecres, 4 de febrer de 2015, a les 18:06:23, Martin Sandsmark va
escriure:
> On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 04:45:26PM +0100, Christoph Feck wrote:
> > According to recent comments, this is bug is still reproducible for
> > some users, but not for others. It is unclear if the actual issue is
> > in KDE software, Qt libraries, xorg libraries, or the keyboard layout
> > definition files.
>
> From reading the latest comments on that bug, and the linked Qt bug report,
> it seems pretty clear-cut to be a Qt bug that's fixed in Qt5, but not in
> Qt4?
>
> So maybe it should just be marked as an upstream bug?

Even if it's an upstream bug, in my opinion the BugOfTheMonth+GardeningEffort
is showing the users that we care, and if they are affected by a severe bug
we're going to try to make as much as we can to fix it, not just toss it over
the fence and say "it's not us".

Cheers,
  Albert