List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Build instructions for KDE5 / I will rewrite all build documentation
From:       Will Entriken <fulldecent () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-01-27 16:14:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello All,

I am rewriting the build documentation on KDE Techbase, and also
rewriting/moving pages on KDE Community Wiki. Our new contributors deserve
nothing less than full, tested, copy-pasteable instructions to get KDE up
and built. Presently we have many outdated documents that explain part of
the process.

Can someone please help show me how to build KDE5, holding hands the whole
way. I am requesting two things:

> A full YouTube video showing installation of Ubuntu Server 14.04.1 LTS on
a virtual machine and every single command necessary to install, build, and
run KDE from git

> A full YouTube video showing installation of Kubuntu 14.04 LTS on a
virtual machine and every single command necessary to install, build, and
run Okular from git

These two cases are the most popular development scenarios. I will rewrite
and reorganize ALL documentation with the philosophy: "Here is one thing
that absolutely works. If you want to deviate, here are instructions for
that too."

I helped write much of the current documentation, and started the KDE
Mentor ("Get Involved") program. Please assist me with these two tasks so I
can get back to work and improve these.

Thank you,
Will