List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: PolicyKit1-KDE AuthDialog could not shown as TOP_LEVEL
From:       Leslie Zhai <xiangzhai83 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-06-01 7:16:46

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply :)

1. it is NOT a bug about Apper or QJade.

Because Apper and QJade uses PackageKit-Qt, a Qt bindings for
PackageKit. When it calls installPackage function of PackageKit-Qt,
there is pk_transaction_obtain_authorization function in PackageKit to
call PolicyKit relative dbus async APIs such as
polkit_authority_check_authorization.
the process shown as below:

Apper install package -> PackageKit-Qt call installPackage -> PackageKit
do PolicyKit authorization -> polkitd -> Polkit-Qt -> Polkit-KDE

so there is NO Apper assoicate WID for AuthDialog constructor.

2. KWindowSystem::forceActiveWindow sometimes worked BUT ...

Sometimes it FAILED to force active window to act like modal one, for
example, Apper or QJade covered the Polkit-KDE AuthDialog window, but I
simply setWindowFlags for AuthDialog to force it as _NET_WM_STATE_ABOVE,
I experienced it :)
https://github.com/xiangzhai/grt/blob/master/GRTExamples/ClassificationModulesExamples/X11DTWExample/x11.cpp#L102 \

Regards,
Leslie Zhai <xiang.zhai@i-soft.com.cn>