List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: PolicyKit1-KDE AuthDialog could not shown as =?iso-8859-1?Q?TOP=5FLEVEL?=
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-06-01 9:24:05

On Sonntag, 1. Juni 2014 09:16:46 CEST, Leslie Zhai wrote:

> so there is NO Apper assoicate WID for AuthDialog constructor.
>
> 2. KWindowSystem::forceActiveWindow sometimes worked BUT ...
>
> Sometimes it FAILED to force active window to act like modal
> one

The window is not modal, since it's not transient (unless there was a window to be \
transient for) - also the nature of a modal window is not to be on top of everything, \
but only on top of its parent (since it's transient for that ;-)

> for example, Apper or QJade covered the Polkit-KDE AuthDialog window
Is the Polkit-KDE window active? In case you can simply raise it (after gaining \
activation, it's async) - notice that activation and raising do not necessarily align \
anyway (it's configurable) but active windows are permitted to raise on top of stack.

I assume you're looking for the MS/GNOME UAC a-like "single-task-system" approach \
where a modal dilaog simply blocks the entire session/desktop?

Not for me to decide, but what I've read, I doubt that KDE will follow this.

Cheers,
Thomas