List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: PolicyKit1-KDE AuthDialog could not shown as =?iso-8859-1?Q?TOP=5FLEVEL?=
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-05-30 13:49:09

On Freitag, 30. Mai 2014 05:09:58 CEST, Leslie Zhai wrote:
> Hi KDE developers,
>
> My colleage reported a bug to me, it is about PolicyKit1-KDE AuthDialog
> UI behavior issue, the AuthDialog could not show as TOP_LEVEL

That's called "_NET_WM_STATE_ABOVE" - "toplevel" usually refers to a window with the \
root window as parent drawable.

> installing some App via Qt frontend of PackageKit, for example, Apper or
> QJade https://github.com/AOSC-Dev/QJade

Seems an apper bug.
You want to pass the Apper window WId as last parameter to the AuthDialog() \
constructor.

This will make the AuthDialog modal (and transient) for that window.

The only problem occurs if you have no window to assiciate the AuthDialog with. In \
this case you may wish to enforce activation (see KWindowSystem::forceActiveWindow()) \
which is legit, if the dialog appears as result of a direct user interaction (eg. \
with some systray icon etc.)

Cheers,
Thomas