List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: meinproc4 on Mac, KLocale (was Re: What to test for 4.13?)
From:       Ian Wadham <iandw.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-20 2:39:57

On 20/03/2014, at 8:34 AM, mk-lists@email.de wrote:
> On 19 Mar 2014, at 22:30 , Thomas L=FCbking <thomas.luebking@gmail.com> w=
rote:
>> That the libxml2 bug is not related to the bug #261509 backtrace (doesn'=
t change anything since i anticipated that for social reasons ;-)
> =

> Ah, ok, so that supports the notion that it was just an accidental coinci=
dence.
> =

> So, I am afraid we might really have what Ian suggested. A problem with c=
oncurrently running processes.
> meinproc uses some cache, does it perhaps cross-use data cached by other =
instances of meinproc and that collides with itself if there are parallel t=
asks running?

I think the "cache" is a type of *output* of meinproc4 --- some
HTML files archived into one file and compressed (.bz2).  That
is what KDE routinely installs.  Then if a user comes along and
wants to read the doco, the Help system uncompresses and
unpacks it.

I am going off the concurrency bug theory a bit.  In the one crash
backtrace we have, I think meinproc4 has crashed in its initialisation
phase (at line 109 in file meinproc.cpp), before it ever starts reading
and parsing a .docbook file.

Cheers, Ian W.