List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Nepomuk in 4.13 and beyond
From:       François_K. <daitheflu () free ! fr>
Date:       2013-12-20 14:49:47

> On Friday, December 20, 2013 12:17:57 Vishesh Handa wrote:
> > 1. Given a url, return a unique identifier
> > 2. Given a unique identifier, return the url
> >
> > inodes satisfy (1), but not (2).
>
> inodes don't satisfy even (1). They're only unique per filesystem,
> designing
> Baloo around "computers with only one filesystem" seems very
> limiting, well,
> broken.

That's true if you're using one index for every filesystem, and I suggested to have \
one index per filesystem, so (1) could be satisfied ;)

As for (2), I thought it would be easy to get the file path from the inode number but \
it seems it isn't at all. My lack of knowledge.

Oh, by the way, I was still trying to figure out how things would work (Xapian + \
SQLite, etc.) and discovered Recoll (http://www.recoll.org/) which seemes pretty \
similar to what you are trying to do with Baloo. There is a english description here \
: http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/recoll/usermanual/RCL.INTRODUCTION.RECOLL.html - \
Maybe it could be smart to get in touch with the dev ?

Cheers,

--
François