List:       kde-devel
Subject:    background plasma crash
From:       "Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers" <edgaralwers () gmx ! de>
Date:       2013-12-20 14:38:56

Hi,

I am using KDE-4.10.2 with linux from scratch 8.4, self compiled.
When I try to change a picture background plasma ( default desktop settings )
I get a crash and an automatic restart with the previous background setting.

This happens on three units ( PC's, Laptop ). However, it does not happen on
my old partitions running KDE-4.8.2.

I am aware about Bug reports like Bug 277036, but in this case weather widgets
were concerned ( gps ? ). I am only trying to change photos in jpg format.
According to the report, a solution cannot be expected before KDE-5: "Any
Plasma developer is aware of this problem. However we cannot change it
until KDE 5.0"

Two questions:
1.) is my problem included in the mentioned bug or is it a new problem ?
2.) Could I have a patch for the time until KDE-5 ?

Thank you very much for any advice. I know, the problem is not critical.

Edgar
--
Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers <edgaralwers@gmx.de>
GPG Key ID:AD5C6F70