List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Starting the KuantifiedSelf project.
From:       Sebastian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-10-08 12:17:02

Hi Sivan,

On Sunday, October 07, 2012 10:40:18 Sivan Greenberg wrote:
>  I'd like to start the KuantifiedSelf project within KDE. To read
> about the QuantifiedSelf movement see this[0]. In short it would be
> the umbrella hosting life improving apps and body tracking software
> that can (and I think should) be developed part of KDE.
>
>  I know that normally you have some code ready, but the code is
> underway at the backend at Heroku. I'd like to gather community to
> help with website design , data collection , Qt client development
> and other required tasks for the first application part of
> KuantifiedSelf to work well.
>
>   The first app is going to be a mobile health log app that will
> enable a patient to more easily identify and communicate his most
> burning symptoms in a doctor's meeting, especially in complex hard to
> diagnose conditions. It is also expected that you could track a drug's
> effectiveness using it, take notes from doctor's instructions etc. I
> named it RemediK.
>

> Whom to talk to? Is it too early? Should I have a working piece before
> doing this ?  (I figured to get more feedback as more people around
> this is crucial) Your feedback welcome!
>

> [0]: http://quantifiedself.com/about/

Sounds like an interesting project!

In order to get started, here are a few pointers:

- If you need something infrastructure, the KDE sysadmin team can help you.
- For a mailinglist, it's OK to stay on kde-devel until you have reached a
critical mass, or kuantifiedself related traffic is getting too much for a
general list, in that event, ask sysadmin for a dedicated list
- if you want to promote your project somehow, get in touch with kde-
promo@kde.org

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. :)

Cheers,
--
sebas