List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: When does kbuildsycoca4 run?
From:       Ian Wadham <iandw.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-09-22 2:18:27

On 20/09/2012, at 3:47 PM, Teemu Rytilahti wrote:

> Ben Cooksley wrote:
> =

>> kded4 provides a number of crucial mini processes which are crucial to
>> the operation of KDE processes in certain areas (Timezone data and the
>> determining of an active network connection at least) although it
>> tends to be more crucial with a Workspace.
> =

> Just wanted to hop in and mention that kded4 (well, a powerdevil module, =
run =

> by kded4) provides the support for suspending and sleeping from the menu.=
 So =

> in case if you, like I have earlier done, encounter a problem where sleep=
ing =

> isn't working from the menu, it might be because kded4 is not running..

No problem on an Apple Macbook =85 I just close the lid =85 :-)  On a more
serious note, all Qt-based apps on Apple OS X run in native windows and
are subject to local OS X rules.  Qt uses Objective C and Apple libraries
for this.

Thus if I close the lid on a KDE app, it reappears when I open the lid, just
like any other Apple or third party app.  There is also an Apple "system"
menu with a Sleep option, for desktop computers presumably.

Cheers, Ian W.