On 20/09/2012, at 3:47 PM, Teemu Rytilahti wrote: > Ben Cooksley wrote: > = >> kded4 provides a number of crucial mini processes which are crucial to >> the operation of KDE processes in certain areas (Timezone data and the >> determining of an active network connection at least) although it >> tends to be more crucial with a Workspace. > = > Just wanted to hop in and mention that kded4 (well, a powerdevil module, = run = > by kded4) provides the support for suspending and sleeping from the menu.= So = > in case if you, like I have earlier done, encounter a problem where sleep= ing = > isn't working from the menu, it might be because kded4 is not running.. No problem on an Apple Macbook =85 I just close the lid =85 :-) On a more serious note, all Qt-based apps on Apple OS X run in native windows and are subject to local OS X rules. Qt uses Objective C and Apple libraries for this. Thus if I close the lid on a KDE app, it reappears when I open the lid, just like any other Apple or third party app. There is also an Apple "system" menu with a Sleep option, for desktop computers presumably. Cheers, Ian W. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscrib= e <<