List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: When does kbuildsycoca4 run?
From:       Ian Wadham <iandw.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-09-22 2:09:29

On 21/09/2012, at 12:03 AM, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Thursday, September 20, 2012 02:05:11 PM Ian Wadham wrote:
>>> Which of those processes are necessary for running KDE apps?
>>> Which can be omitted or "bound off" somehow if you are not running
>>> on a KDE desktop?
>> =

>> But still these other questions remain =85  Basically, what do you need =
>> know to run KDE applications successfully on a non-KDE, non-Linux
>> desktop?  Or is that just not universally feasible?  Perhaps some KDE
>> apps "travel well" and others not at all =85 :-( =85 but which is which?
> =

> The problem is that there is no universal answer to the question <big sni=
p>

Thank you very much, Andras, for your excellent summary of the situation.

I am thinking I need to consider which KDE apps are *practical* to port to
Apple OS X and which are not.  Qt4-Mac makes them all look like native
OS X apps in native OS X windows, but that is clearly not enough.

All the best, Ian W.