List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDEDModule help
From:       Daniel Nicoletti <dantti12 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-15 9:41:45

2012/6/15 Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it>:
> What does it mean that I would have to port each client if moving away
> from kded?

Mean each cliend of that interface having to rename it's access from
"org.kde.kded" to "org,kde.MyNewHelperInterface"

> Uhm...I'd like to have an object working as "storage" and thus able to
> provide a list of roles when asked for and operations to manipulate
> such list. Assuming such methods are going to be implemented in the
> KDEDModule, what do I have to implement in the adaptor?
Well IMO such thing shouldn't be in KDED, you should instead have
a simple DBus activated process, assuming this is complex and
users don't need that running all the time.
If you just need one interface that provides a string list, and a method to
add/remove items, I recommend you looking at:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/base/print-manager/repository/revisions/master/show/add-printer
 this app register a org.kde.AddPrinter interface and a "/" object,
that could have a Property QStringList providing roles, and have
the methods to add roles and remove from this property list.

Again I am making assumptions on what I thinking that you
want, I might be completly wrong since I don't know the whole comtext

Best,
Daniel.