List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDEDModule help
From:       Luca Ferrari <fluca1978 () infinito ! it>
Date:       2012-06-15 6:29:52

Hi,
thank for the answer but it is still confuse in my mind....

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM, Daniel Nicoletti <dantti12@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well from what you described what I would do is first not try to register
> a service "org.kde.kded", because I don't know if it will allow if kded already
> has that registered, and second because if later you decide to move
> away from kded you will have to port each client.

What does it mean that I would have to port each client if moving away
from kded?

> Second the object that you are registering could be the "Role" you
> describe, having your "org.kde.NetworkRoleManager", which
> register a org/kde/NetworkRoleManager with createRole, deleteRole,
> that register other objects such as /role1 then a /role2... and so on,
> but it all depends on your problem/how do you plan to develop it.
> You can keep just one object on the interface and have an array of roles too...

Uhm...I'd like to have an object working as "storage" and thus able to
provide a list of roles when asked for and operations to manipulate
such list. Assuming such methods are going to be implemented in the
KDEDModule, what do I have to implement in the adaptor?

Thanks