List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Several new utilities for KDE: KLook and StackFolder
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-05-03 10:28:33

Hi Denis,

Am Donnerstag, 3. Mai 2012, 13:46:27 schrieb Denis Koryavov:
> Hello developers!
>
> Let me introduce itself. I'm Denis Koryavov - the head of UI development
> department in ROSA, Russia. We work on our distro based on KDE and created
> several utilities for KDE which we want to submit for your consideration.
> We'll be happy if you will found them useable.

[snip content="StackFolder & KLook"/]

> Both of these utilities are included in our distro and were well tested by
> many users. It is time to present them for you. We have resources to work
> on them and later, and if you will decide that that they are worthy of KDE,
> we would be happy to work on them in KDE project.

Did not yet look at the videos, but what you describe sounds interesting and
might indeed make a large group of users happy if that would be integrated and
available by default.

In case you are interested to have this integrated already in KDE Workspaces
4.9 or KDE Apps 4.9 (whereever it matches better, perhaps also could become
part of extragear section) make sure to add it to
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.9_Feature_Plan today.

As today, May 3rd, is the day of the soft feature freeze, that is, only
features listed in the feature plan for 4.9 are allowed after this day to be
added to what will become 4.9.
See http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.9_Release_Schedule

As for Dolphin (& Konqueror) integration of KLook make sure to ping the
maintainers of both programs directly (Peter Penz & David Faure, see the About
dialogs), to make sure they get notified. Or ideally write to the mailinglist
kfm-devel, see https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kfm-devel , they surely
read the mailing list.

For StackFolder integration please best contact directly the mailinglist
Plasma-devel, see https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/plasma-devel

Cheers
Friedrich