List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Integrating Java Swing with Oxygen
From:       Thom Castermans <thom.castermans () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-30 8:54:14

2012/3/29 Alex Fiestas <afiestas@kde.org>:
> I'm going to just let my excitation talk by me since I have been missing this
> since I'm a KDE user (quite a few years now :p)
>
> What about open/save dialogs?
We are working on this. At the moment, there is a separate branch for
a decent file chooser. Obviously, here it applies too that a native
file chooser would be the best, but we will have to look at that.
Currently, it is possible to select files in a chooser that is, well.
Ugly. The buttons are KDE-ish, but that's it. The rest is styled by
the Basic L&F, which is not really KDE-ish at all as you would have
imagined I guess.
A to-be-done really, but we're working on it.

> Notifications?
By notifications, you mean the 'global' notification system? We didn't
really think about implementing that yet.. I'll talk about it with
Willem. Good suggestion!

> SWT?
That's a tricky one. SWT uses, AFAIK, Gnome widgets. At least it is
not trivial to apply a custom styling. Joxy is, at the moment, a L&F,
which means only Java Swing applications are targeted. If there is a
way to style SWT we would like to here about it. Maybe an idea for
some sort of side-project... Joxy-SWT :) Oh wait, Joxy is a
side-project of my study already :)