List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Change default setting of keyboard accelerators to "Show when needed"
From:       Valentin <valentin.stn () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-14 13:18:47

I posted this question just in the kde bugtracke, but maybe here it's
better to discuss.

I think, that only a few people really use the keyboard accelerators
but they are enabled by default. Why not show them only when needed?
There is a nice select box in the KDE oxygen settings.

There are 3 options
- Allways show
- Allways hide
- Show when needed

The default setting is "Allways show". I think, we should make "Show
when needed" default because it looks better. Also Windows and GNOME
are not showing keyboard accelerators by default.

Regards, Valentin