List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Access indexing
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2012-02-18 14:51:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday, 2012-02-16, Stephan Menzel wrote:
> No, this wouldn't cut it. There's several reasons:
>
> 1)
> Maybe I described confusingly. I want it to search for arbitrary
> filenames (not just applications) and similar expressions _fast_.
> Instantaneously, as the apple thing does. There must be indexing for
> this. Also, besides filenames it shall display search results in meta
> information as well.

I think what Todd was trying to convey is that there is a KRunner plugin that
does provide matches for the user input by querying Nepomuk and thus the
indexing data gathered through Strigi.

Your initial posting sounded like a permanent input field (i.e. not a popup
like KRunner) and only displaying matches from the Nepomuk plugin (i.e. not
interleaving those with matches from other plugins).

In any case, looking at that KRunner plugin is probably a good way to start
when wondering how Nepomuk is queried for matches.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring